When you first receive your new WOOLOVER you will need to prep it, this is done by lanolising it, we'll explain how below.
To start you will need
- Pure Lanolin
- Wool wash or baby shampoo/wash
- small glass jar
- laundry tub
- freshly washed WOOLOVER (no need to dry before lanolising)
- Mix 1/2 tsp of lanolin (per cover) in a small jar of boiling water with a little squirt of wool wash or baby shampoo
- Shake or stir until mixture is combined, it should turn milky in colour
- Add mixture to a laundry tub of warm water (40c) and mix to combine
- Submerge wool cover inside out and squeeze to distribute water
- Leave untill water is cold
- Gently squeeze out excess water and line dry flat in shade
- Wash and lanolise every 3-4 weeks unless soiled.
Between uses air your WOOLOVER to keep it fresh, lanolin has fantasic antibacterial properties.